Saturday, August 29, 2009

Blessed

I am feeling very blessed tonight and just wanted to share that with everyone. I love that my marriage is a partnership. That Ben and I both participate in all aspects of our relationship. He helps with the kids, he takes turns preparing dinner with me, he cleans up around the house. I am so lucky.

How many have husbands that sit around and expect their wife to do it all? How many have husbands who think "they work all day, and house work is a woman's job"? I don't know the answer to how many, but I feel sorry for the wives of those types of husbands. I love that Ben is so active in our children's lives. I love that he respects me and can see that I need a break from dinner and cleaning up sometimes. Now, granted, my house is NEVER spotless...but he does take his turns cleaning up the kitchen and any other room that is in desperate need of a pick up!

He truly is amazing. I don't know how I got so lucky. When people talk about things they would go back and do differently, I can't help but think I wouldn't go back and do anything over. I am afraid if I went back and made even one different decision, my family wouldn't have moved out here and I would have never met Ben. Now, I am not saying there aren't great guys out there and that there aren't other lucky women. But...I am very lucky!! And I just wanted to share how blessed I feel. I love my man!

1 comment:

Emmett losing weight said...

I am soo happy for you! I am looking for my partner and it can be tough.