Friday, August 28, 2009

What A Week!!

Whew! I'm so glad it is Friday and we are moving on to the weekend. Just trying to get back into the swing of doing the all day stuff by myself is exhausting!!

I LOVED having Ben home this summer. Loved it! I love that he is so active with the kids and it is so obvious how much he loves them and so obvious how much they love their Daddy! In fact, since he has been back working these last two weeks - he subbed janitorial for the few days before school started back - they wake up crying every morning, "Where Daddy Go?!?!" And it breaks my heart when I tell them he went to work and they cry harder. Because they know that back to work means he isn't going to be home all day. I hate to see what next week brings.

This week, he has been home shortly after school. He has gone to they gym right after a couple of times, but is usually home right around 4. Starting next week he will be doing SAFE after school, which usually keeps him there until 5:45, 6 ish. They are going to be highly disappointed when they wake up from nap and Daddy isn't home shortly after. But....you gotta pay the bills.

Needless to say, I'm bummed that summer has come to an end. We are going to try to squeeze in one last vacation before summer completely disappears. We are going to try to head to Reno for Labor Day weekend. Labor Day weekend brings our favorite outing to Sparks - The Rib Cook-off. We love the Rib Cook-Off!! Tons of people, but lots of awesome food! My favorite place is the Kentucky Bourbon booth! I'm going to have to eat really good for the next week, so I can enjoy some yummy ribs and pulled pork without feeling too guilty!

We mainly be going to visit with Levi, Kristy and their family. And of course, Grammy Ellen and Papa Jay! We got to spend some good time with them before the wedding this summer, but it just didn't feel like enough. So, we are making another trip north to visit, so that it won't be until next summer before we get to see them again. They are our adopted family...and we love them just like they are blood. I can't wait to go visit again!

The kids are enjoying preschool. Antonio seems to be doing some better with drop off. This morning he cried when I was trying to leave, and the teacher took him. I rounded the corner and stopped at the open door to talk to one of the teachers, but was out of his sight and he had already stopped crying. That is a good sign to me! I think he just turns on the tears to try to get me to stay, but once he knows I'm gone, he is ok with it. I'm so happy for them, because you can tell that the social interaction is helping them. And it does give me a chance to get a little more done.

Boy, I knew trying to get my own business started would take a lot of work, but trying to do it on top of all the other work I was doing...I feel sooo busy some days. Like I said, I'm glad for the weekend. I still have a lot of work to do this weekend, but at least I will have Ben's help with the kids and will hopefully be able to get some of it done! Well...back to work!

No comments: