Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Trip to Kentucky - August 2009

Well, we just got home from a week long trip to visit my family in Kentucky. It was a fun filled, busy week that went entirely too quickly. The kids had a fantastic time playing with their cousins Evan and Sadie Jo. I think by our Christmas time visit, watching them all play together will be even more fun.




Living in a small town has its benefits. Dad is great friends with the Fire Chief, Mark who gave us permission to stop by and see the fire trucks...even though no one was there. Antonio absolutely loved it!! All the kids loved it, but he had this look of utter amazement on his face that was so priceless. It was such an amazing experience. I wish Mark had been able to be there so we could have turned on the lights on the truck. Maybe at Christmas.



Ben and I also went to the Cincinnati Reds game while we were there, with my Dad, Carol, Beth, Matt and Evan. It was great, except that the Reds lost. It had rained all day and even the whole way to the game, until right before we got there. We were wearing sweatshirts during the game. It was such a welcome relief after the heat Vegas was having before we left!







We had a birthday celebration for everyone who had had a birthday since the last time we were together and for Beth, whose birthday is coming up in a couple of weeks. The only ones we didn't sing to were Mom, Carol and Me. Since all our birthdays are in December, we will maybe sing to us next time.

We went to a family reunion that was held at my Grandma's house on the Saturday of our trip. It was great seeing extended family members that I hadn't seen in several years. I didn't even recognize some of my distant cousins, since the last time I saw most of them they were younger than 10 and now they are all teenagers or older. Time sure goes by fast.

During that visit, we were able to get a four generations pictures. One of Grandma, Mom, Me and Analise, and one of Grandma, Mom, Me, Analise and Antonio. I know those pictures will be pictures to treasure for a lifetime.


Four generations.
(Mom, Grandma, Me and Analise)


Four generations.
(Mom, Antonio, Grandma, Me and Analise)

It was a great visit, but definitely too short! I can't wait until Christmas when we all get to get together again.

No comments: