Sunday, September 27, 2009

Pure Joy

There is nothing like seeing pure joy on the faces of your children. That is what I was able to experience this weekend with mine.

This weekend was the Fall Festival in Pahrump, or known to many as Harvest Festival. This was the first year we decided to take the kids to go on the rides. They had such an amazing time!! I wish we had gone on Thursday and Friday to do the rides, but we only went on Thursday. They absolutely loved it!

They were so excited to ride in the cars and the airplanes and Analise LOVED the little roller coaster. Antonio didn't like it as much. In fact, when we were finished I looked at him and asked, "wasn't that so much fun?" He put his hands on his hips and looked at me and said, "that was NOT fun!" It made me laugh!

They loved all the rides and on nearly all of them they smiled and waved at us as they went by each time.

We ran into a friend that Ben works with who was their with her daughter, and Analise rode many of the rides with Bridget. They are so cute and had such a good time. I just loved it. You can tell in their faces how much fun it was!

On Friday night we went to the rodeo. The kids liked it ok, but weren't as interested as they were last year. To be honest, neither was I. I had a good time, but it wasn't as entertaining as it was last year. We will have to think hard about it next year before we decide for sure if we are going to go.

Saturday we got up and went to the parade. Antonio LOVES fire trucks! And the big line of fire trucks was the first thing we saw. He loved it! After they were gone, however, he kept saying "I want more fire trucks!" Analise sat there and waved at everyone who went by. EVERYONE! She has truly perfected her beauty queen wave! I loved watching them. It was such a fun weekend. Here are a few pictures for you to get an idea of how much fun they had!!


Driving the firetruck and Analise with her beauty queen wave. :)




Look, I can drive and wave!



Analise and Bridget driving Antonio. Analise waving, of course!



Antonio driving his "beep beep bus"! :)



Analise and Daddy on the roller coaster. She had her arms up the whole time!



Antonio flying his airplane!

Oh what fun they had. I almost can't wait for this time next year...ALMOST! :)

2 comments:

charese said...

I was sad to miss Fall Festival this year. It is so neat to watch the excitment on the kids faces as they are going on the rides. Cute pictures of the kids. I am glad you guys had fun!

charese said...

The pics of the kids are so cute! It is always fun to watch your childrens faces filled with enjoyment. I was sad to miss it this year.